Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Shopping

I don't know what it is but Christmas drives me nuts.  I love the other holidays we have here in the good ol USA, but Christmas gets to me.
 
It's not the religion part of it, I don't follow that. 
 
I do enjoy the family part of it, I think that is what it is all about, peace, love and family.
 
I was almost in the Christmas spirit this year. . . . SOOO close I could taste it.  I even caught myself whistling Christmas songs a few times. . . .
 
Then I hit the mall - ALL OVER!
 
I am lucky.  My family does not really NEED anything.  We have a nice home and our health.  To go out and try to buy presents is a PAIN IN THE ASS!  I am glad I was only buying for my wife.  How she does all the shopping for the rest of the family is beyond me.  We don't have a ton of money, things are tight like everywhere so this just makes it worse.  I can't buy anything big (like I want to . . .), and I don't want to buy junk or dust collectors just to say I got her something.
 
Nothing like the commercial side of this holiday to bring out all the worst . . .
 
Well, I got her a few things, I hope she likes them. . . .
 
And I will again wish Christmas was more like Thanksgiving. . .  no real money to spend other than dinner and a day to spend with the family and friends which is all that is important anyway right?
 
 

No comments: