Thursday, August 13, 2009

Congress – just a big playground full of children.

Over the last few days I have had a few interesting discussions on Facebook through a rather liberal friends page. Now while he is a good debater and can defend his position I have notices that a number of his really liberal friends don’t do so well on debates. I finally have recognized why they seem so familiar to me. . . . I am a parent and they act like children.

The one I was dealing with quickly decided to call me a libertarian and a constructionist (like that is an insult) because I wanted the government to follow the Constitution as written. Seems that her view (and apparently the only correct one) is that they should be able to “interpret” the Constitution to get what they want whenever they want – ie it is a “living” document that we need to interpret based on today not what the founders meant and wrote about when writing the actual Constitution. As soon as she could label me I could be ridiculed and ignored. . . . no attempt at intelligent debate. Probably scared that I may prove some of her ideas wrong I guess. . .

Now listen to me for a moment. We all know some folks on the left that can defend their stance and debate. Problem (well for them anyway) is that they are few and far between. Most of the liberals you run into can’t debate for crap and don’t know what they are talking about. . . . these are the Obots we keep running into.
Next time you run into one look and listen to the argument from the left. It is easy, just turn on any major news network and you will see what I mean. Now after a bit you should start to see that they are really just children in a grown up body. Case in point:

•They know what they want and facts won’t deter them.
•They live in their happy place where all their ideas will work as planned – don’t spoil it with facts please
•They don’t want responsibility – they want a parent (the government) to take care of all their needs
•When things go wrong they don’t take responsibility – they wait on the parent (the government) to fix it
•If you disagree with them they quickly get to name calling and telling you that they know better than you want needs to be done (and you are an idiot for not going along)
•If they start losing the argument they want Mom & Dad (the Government) to shut you up for them
•They want it their way only or they take their toys and go home (see close down Congress for recess, lock you out of the decision making etc. . . )
•When losing the argument they will resort to threats (see unions and thugs at the protests) to silence you
•If they do something it is ok, when you do it you are being disruptive, or un-patriotic
•If you want to do something against the rules, you can’t – if they do then the rules are bad and need to be changed
•If you look to be winning the case they tend to do the equivalent of calling you names and going “LA LA LA” with their fingers in their ears.
•Can you say Double Standard? Knew you could

So, based on this I think my new approach to dealing with liberals will be this – go at it like I am talking to my 2 year old. They seem to be at about the same level when it comes to intelligent debate and knowledge of our Constitution. This seems to explain why they look like a kid having a fit on the playground trying to get their way.

No comments: