Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Lots to be thankful for this year. . .
the family is healthy, including the monsters, er tax breaks, er I mean the kids.
I have met lots of new friends in the Masonic Lodge
I have caught up with many friends on line and at blogger shoots
And I have a good job in a growing company. . . of course the down side is I have less blogging time but. . . . .
Have a great day folks, eat, drink and be merry!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
What a bunch of crap!
Once again the Senator from MA has betrayed his trust and moved forward another attack on our rights and the Constitution.
This state sucks! We need to vote them all out and start over. . . .. Remember this in 2010 and vote out any one that backed the bail outs or this health care crap!
How can this happen in MA? I thought all those gun laws kept the bad guys from getting a gun? Lord knows they have done everything they can to keep the good guys from getting guns. . . .
Could it be things don't work the way the liberals tell us they do? Could it be that the criminals don't care about gun control? Could it be that disarmed folks are easy pickings for armed criminal????
Think about it folks
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
It is the most-requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:"
02. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
03. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
04. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
05. Pay off your credit cards every month.
06. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
07. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
08. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
09. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past, so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness, but you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ''In five years, will this matter?".
26. Always choose life.
27 Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time, time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
32. Believe in miracles.
33. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
34. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
35. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
36. Your children get only one childhood.
37. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
38. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
39. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
40. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
41. The best is yet to come.
42. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
44. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
First, I thought the Tea Party movement was insignificant, so why do they care what they do. . . .
And second, they burned more George Bush effigies than I can count. . . what is good for one side is good for the other. . . . we don't have double standards in America do we?
What a bunch of hypocrites. . . can't wait to see how this plays out
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Anyone who starts a press conference about a shooting at a US military base with deaths with a shout out to anyone has problems. . . .
And now we learn that one of the shooters is a recent convert to ISLAM. . . surprise.
Obama is not doing enough to protect our troops or us from domestic or foreign terrorists. . . .
I am just totally disgusted at this. . .. more later
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
I love the spin machine. . . .
Someone please tell me how MSNBC and the Main Stream Media can say this crap with a straight face?
Case in point:
MSNBC says Obama calls the loss of the Governors races a local issue and not a referendum on him. . . Ya, if he believed that why did he spend so much time in both states trying to win them?
This is not a referendum on Obama . . . OK, if not they what do you call it when the key independent voters that put him in office now vote against the Dems?
I will give them points, they put on a good face, but they know they are now whistling past the grave yard and the Republicans have a very real shot at taking Congress and many more Governors seats back next year. . . .
Obama is One and Done and they know it now. I expect we will see the health care fail to get the support it needs now as the folks in Congress scramble to save their own asses . . . er . . . sorry jobs and start to listen to the masses so they have a shot in the next election. America is nowhere near as far left as Obama and the Dem leaders think. . . . they just got the wakeup call on that.
Let's keep it rolling and take back Congress for the people in 2010
At the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies in Mississippi, Kelly the dolphin has built up quite a reputation. All the dolphins at the institute are trained to hold onto any litter that falls into their pools until they see a trainer, when they can trade the litter for fish. In this way, the dolphins help to keep their pools clean.
Kelly has taken this task one step further. When people drop paper into the water she hides it under a rock at the bottom of the pool. The next time a trainer passes, she goes down to the rock and tears off a piece of paper to give to the trainer. After a fish reward, she goes back down, tears off another piece of paper, gets another fish, and so on. This behaviour is interesting because it shows that Kelly has a sense of the future and delays gratification. She has realised that a big piece of paper gets the same reward as a small piece and so delivers only small pieces to keep the extra food coming. She has, in effect, trained the humans.
Her cunning has not stopped there. One day, when a gull flew into her pool, she grabbed it, waited for the trainers and then gave it to them. It was a large bird and so the trainers gave her lots of fish. This seemed to give Kelly a new idea. The next time she was fed, instead of eating the last fish, she took it to the bottom of the pool and hid it under the rock where she had been hiding the paper. When no trainers were present, she brought the fish to the surface and used it to lure the gulls, which she would catch to get even more fish. After mastering this lucrative strategy, she taught her calf, who taught other calves, and so gull-baiting has become a hot game among the dolphins.
Conservatives took VA and NJ last night but lost NY House seat due to picking a liberal as the Republican choice.
Sorry, but that is the way it is. The Republicans need to wake up and smell the coffee today. They could have won all three seats except for the bad choice in NY. She was such a liberal that when she dropped out of the race she backed the DEMOCRAT! Folks, that is a failure to pick right there. She split the vote and gave away a sold R seat to the D folks. . . . .
And now it is time for the spin. Had the Dems won it would be a referendum on Obama and how much we all love him. The fact that he visited both NY and VA to push for the Dems and the lost is a referendum on him, and not a good one for the Dems either. When they did exit polls in both states it was found that over 50% didn't care who Obama was backing, and a slight majority of the rest saw him as a negative as far as who to vote for. That means that most folks either don't care or will vote against him. . . . not the god of politics any more Obama
Conservatives need to keep up the pressure, It looks like the Dems will be in real trouble in 2010 with a very good chance the Republicans can take back the House and maybe Senate too. We can do this IF the Republicans have learned not to put up RINOs in the elections. It hurt them in NY, I hope they learn from it.
As for the White House and Obama? I hope you see the writing on the wall! Your plan has been rejected by the people. I also hope Congress sees it and votes against this Health Care mess Obama will now push for before he loses control in 2010.
The People have spoken, and Obama turned out NOT to be the hope and change they wanted. . . Time to vote some new, true conservative folks into DC
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Folks remember this as you see the results in the NJ Governor's race. . .
· Acorn has been helping to get out the vote with Absentee Ballots that they have been taking into Hospitals and Nursing Homes and other places.
· They are not working under the Acorn name due to all the bad press they got
· For an off year election (not a Presidential election year) New Jersey is reporting more absentee ballots requested than for the last Presidential election.
To sum it all up, expect MASSIVE voter fraud on the Dem side, possible adding 1% or more to the Dem votes. This is a close race that Obama has been pushing to win. It reflects on him whichever way it goes and he does not want to lose. . . .
Canada has one. . . . it cost them MILLIONS to do and has only be used in a very small number of crimes.
It has been so expensive with no real pay back that the Conservatives and sane folks up there trying to trim the budge are looking to cut it. And it is working.
Gun registry's don't track the bad guys guns, only the good guys. . . . . why do we need to track the good guys unless you plan on taking them away????
Good luck Canada - I hope you get your rights and your money back. . . . .
the UK has probably the most restrictive gun laws around. . . it is a island. . . . . it has seen gun crime go up by an AVERAGE of 89% in the last 10 years. . . some places have gone up by almost 600%
And to top it off, they are now starting to have cops do normal patrols with guns. . . .
And they say we have problems. . . .
If we are the ones doing it wrong, then why have our crime rates dropped? the more places that pass carry laws and make it easier for the law abiding citizen to get a gun the lower the crime rates. We have seen it here time and again. . . . .
Remember that folks when they tell you just one more gun law will fix things. It won't - but it will make it easier for them to hold power over us . . . .
Monday, November 2, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
I spent the night with another friend shadowing the older kids so they stayed out of trouble. Had a lot of fun, especially when I showed up and they looked at us and just went blank and said " where did you come from?" . . . they had been warned when they went out that an adult or two would be stalking them so behave =)
The neighborhood we were in was very quiet on the car front and lots of houses, the perfect place to trick or treat. A good time was had by all. . . .
Hope your Halloween was full of fun and good memories!