Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Reciprocal Concealed Carry

Reciprocal Concealed Carry barely fails in the Senate. Before you gun grabbers try to get excited and spin this look at the facts, it went through with 58 for, 39 against and 3 no votes. That would have passed most times. It is a majority in favor. If not for the special 60 votes needed for this to pass it would be a done deal and over with.

Constitutionally this should be a non-issue if I understand Law Dog correctly. (edit - called Full Faith and Credit) States already recognize things like marriage and drivers licenses. You can drive anywhere in the US on your state license. You don’t become single again when you cross the border. Why should a gun license be any different? The fact we need a law to tell folks this proves the discrimination against gun owners in the liberal states.

I love the arguments in the news about how they saved lives by not passing this. . . they pulled out all the standard BS they yell every time a state starts issuing CCW permits. Blood in the streets, gunfights over parking, will make the streets unsafe. When will they give up on this crap? Time and again they yell this crap, the state still passes the CCW law, and none of it happens. You know what does happen when folks get their rights to self defense back? Crime goes down, streets get safer, and the criminals move on to easier pickings like the non-CCW areas (big cities etc. . .). We need to call them on this and make them see we don’t buy their lies any more.

Getting something like this through could also help the same sex marriage fight. It would be another law reinforcing the fact that states must recognize each other’s permits and licenses. Think about it and tell me I am wrong. The more we get states to recognize each other’s licenses the easier the argument is that they need to recognize a same sex marriage from another state. Once you get past that you can start pushing them to permit them in the state too. . . .

And I admit I use to be against same sex marriage. Now? I don’t care. As long as they keep it in private do what you want. I don’t want to see any overdone public displays of affections, gay or straight to tell the truth. It is not the end of the world if we pass same sex marriage, and I am all for personal freedom as long as it doesn’t interfere with anyone else’s rights. So I had to admit to myself either I support it or I am a hypocrite. Since I am not a lefty I have to live with that so I changed my point of view. Too bad the left can’t see the facts and do the same.
Or is this what the Democrats fear? They don’t want folks to go there – with guns or same sex marriage. It is all about the control isn’t it?

No comments: