Monday, March 3, 2008

Will Clinton Make it?

Tomorrow is the big day. . . . Can Hillary make it if she does not win big tomorrow? I think she is about done, but I think she was done a while ago but the media has been keeping her in by not pushing the fact she lost 11 straight. Any other person that had that record would have been buried by the press by now. Even with that fact folks say the press is hard on her and not on Obama. . . . . . I don’t know, I think the press is cutting them both a break. They like the Democrats, but maybe they like Obama a bit more.

She has a good commercial going in TX right now. I am sure you have heard about it. . .” it’s 3AM and a phone in the White House is ringing. . .” I think it plays well to the fact that Obama has no real experience where it counts and she does at least have some. No where near what McCain has but she has some. . . . and I guess Obama’s folks agree because they have started the misdirection on it with a push to call the ad raciest. I guess the kids PJs say Good Night on them but they claim all you can see is Good Nig and it is an intentional attack on Obama. Well, they got part of it right, it is an attack on him and his total lack of any experience with foreign policies but not on his race like they want you to think. They know a weak spot when they see it so time to make you look the other way.

This is a disturbing trend in the Obama camp. Every time someone says anything about his weak points or some issue they have with his polices it is not seen as legit, it is seen as an attack on his race. How can we comment on his actions when you are labeled a racist if you call him on anything. You think it is bad now, wait to see what happens if he is elected? Anything you say against him will mean that you are a racist.

I never thought I would say it but I hope Hillary does ok tomorrow. I think a good fight between the two of them would be great for McCain as they will spend money and votes trying to take each other out now, and hopefully piss off enough voters to get them to stay home in November. Add to this the Nader factor and it will look much better for McCain to win. At least he is just a liberal and not an outright communist. . . . Although no matter who gets in we will have to watch for their attacks on our constitution very carefully. . . .

2 comments:

Jay G said...

I never, not in a million years, thought there was ANY circumstance whereby I would be hoping for a Clinton win.

Barack Obama changed that.

Although, to be fair, Deval Patrick played a hand in it - if he hadn't been so utterly incompetent in MA, I wouldn't be as afraid of an Obama presidency as I currently am.

But I look at Barack Obama and I see Deval Patrick, writ large. I see a man completely and utterly out of his league getting into office on nothing more than flowery rhetoric, and not having the faintest clue what to do once he gets in...

JD said...

Man I hear ya. . . I feel like I was taken over by aliens every time I hear news about the vote today and think "GO HILLARY". . . . I may have to drink heavily to get this out of my mind later. . . .

I would say this is proof that politics does indeed make for strange bedfellows but there is an image I really don't want in my mind. . .