Thursday, March 6, 2008

Subaru still sucks

Well I had to do some work on my Subaru yesterday. Seems she don’t want to run in wet weather. . . I was told by the shop of horrors that the air filter needed changing so I figured what the heck, that may be part of it. . . . I think it was, boy it was clogged up good. The issue I have is it took me 20min + and a socket wrench and a screw driver to get to the damn filter. They buried it in the back of the engine under some pipes so I had to fight with it to get it out and the new one back in. Still damaged the seals on the new one a bit getting it in.

Further proof that the designers of this car were clueless as to what they were doing. Sure it runs but if you don’t design for routine maintenance then you are a bad engineer. . . I think air filters should count as routine maintenance. . . . and with degrees in engineering and engineering management I think I know a bit about how to design something. . . .

Subaru you guys need to go back to school. . ..

No comments: