Monday, August 20, 2007

Immigration Stuff

I started off the day reading this about this poor illegal immigrant that I guess the big bad Fed sent home. Sorry, I can’t get upset here folks. Seems she snuck into the US once, was sent home, and snuck in again and had a kid. Now she has been hiding in a church of a year to avoid deportation for her second illegal trip into our country. Well, the Feds finally got her and now she is on her way home to Mexico. Top it off with the fact she left her son here with friends instead of keeping him with her.


I don’t get this. . . .. the family is supposed to be important. She claims her son is important to her but she left him here while she was sent home. I can’t personally picture being separated from my kids for a few days never mind leaving them here and going to live in another country.


Top this off with I am supposed to feel bad for her after this is her second ILLEGAL trip into our country and the activists are whining IT’S NOT FAIR!


What is fair? Should we let her stay after breaking our laws? I have a few friends who are immigrants and I watched first hand as they dealt with all the hoops the government makes them jump through. I watched one get laid off and almost get sent home because of his visa. They worked it out and he is still here LEGALLY.


Now what do I say if we let her stay? Gosh guys I am sorry you played by the rules and all but those folks that sneak in can stay but you have to go home cause you play by the rules. . . . This makes me sick. I don’t know how I would ever face any immigrant that came here legally if we let the ILLEGALS stay. What message are we sending – Break our laws from day one and you can stay, obey them and we will SCR@# you to the wall if you slip up one little bit – God forbid you loose your job or something. . . . . The only folks it looks like we are treating unfairly is the legal immigrants we have let in.


This is just sick. We need reform, not to help the illegals but to help those who are following the rules. Lets make it easier and less of a burden on the legal immigrant while we work to stop the illegal. I would much rather have the law abiding immigrant join our society than one who from day one shows no regard for us or our law. LEGAL immigration built this country, ILLEGAL immigration only hurts it.

2 comments:

s_baghaii said...

I don’t get this. . . .. the family is supposed to be important. She claims her son is important to her but she left him here while she was sent home. I can’t personally picture being separated from my kids for a few days never mind leaving them here and going to live in another country.

Well, if the place you are in is crappy enough or you are in a bad situation, you will leave the kid where you have to leave them. I was left in a third world country for several years. It was definitely difficult for all involved.

JD said...

I guess, but as a Dad I can't imagine going anywhere other than a short business trip without the whole family never mind leaving them behind in another country. Of course I also feel if you are here illegally then have kids they should not be US Citizens. The kids should have been sent home with Mom.