Monday, July 21, 2008

Lack of Respect

What is it with the performing arts and lack of respect??

Our karate school is on the second floor and out teacher was nice enough to re-finish the entrance and to let a dance school use the dojo on the off days. . . . We have a drama club for kids on the first floor. . . .

Well, the walls were repainted at the entrance and the drama school has already covered them all with photos of their stuff and put a hole in the wall. They also were difficult with trying to get the floors redone. . . . Yo stupid, if the place looks like crap it reflects on your school too . . . the dance folks left a mess in the dojo too with little strings and stuff around all over the floors. . . . Total lack of respect for others.

I remember when my daughter took dance, the damn teacher always ran over time and never said boo, not even one sorry to the parents who are paying the bills. She even scheduled a dress rehearsal that the kids had to be at on fathers day for the full afternoon and don't even get me start on what she charged for costumes, and tickets to the recital. . . . again total self centered lack of respect. I pay for my kids to go learn dance and get treated like I am not worthy to be in the room. Needless to say she don't go any more, I don't pay folks to look down on me.

What is it with the arts and thinking the world revolves around them??

I don't know, but it pisses me off that they are so smug about it all. I guess that is why I take some pleasure in knocking them down a peg or two when I can. . . . Sorry, you dance/theater folks are no better than the rest of us, and I am starting to think you are not even as good as the rest of us since you obviously missed the day they taught manors in school it seems. . . .

Anyway, that is my rant for today. So if you run a dance school or drama club, get your head out of your ass and think about someone else once in a while, I know it goes against the liberal way of thinking but just give it a try once for me. . .

= )

2 comments:

s_baghaii said...

This is not limited to dance. A kung fu class that I took for several months was constantly getting started about a half hour to an hour late. I quit once classes started due to the unpredictable nature of the class. Don't get me started on what they charged for the costumes and testing. ;)

JD said...

Ya, there is a karate school near me that is all about the money. . . charges for anything they can and I have seen their students, they suck to be nice about it. The guy hits them for new uniforms every belt, belt fees. . . on and on and on. . . I have been lucky and in good schools