Thursday, May 1, 2008

Deep Thoughts

It has been an interesting few days for me as I try to work through whether or not I want to try to join the Masons with a friend of mine. He is really hot on this and we went to a few open houses to meet them and see what they had to say. He is going to do it but I think after much debate with myself that it is not for me. I just don’t know enough about them and I am not a trusting soul by nature. This has bugged me a lot as it sounds like a great bunch of guys and all but I just don’t think I have the time to invest in it and with my uncertainty about them my gut says I have better things to do with my time.

As it is now I don’t seem to be able to get enough time in the day to even work on my models which I love to do. Add to that the family and kids that I want to be around and my time on the Martial arts from Karate to shooting and I just can’t bring myself to do it.

I am not sure if this is one of those things that I am going to look back on and regret since my grandfather was a Mason, but he never said anything about it to me and he died when I was 13 so I didn’t really know to ask him either.

I don’t know, I guess I am just rather conflicted about it as I have a lot on my mind at the moment and this has been a hard one to pick a side on. On the good side now that I have made a choice on this I have started to see where I need to go on a few other issues that have been bugging me so I guess that is a good thing. Now to get on to the next issue, finding a job nearer to home where I can actually do some good. Anyone know of a company that needs a good Quality/New Product Introduction Engineer please let me know. . . I like where I am at but the raises this year after we grew by 22% showed me that there is no future here especially with everything else in the world costing more money and my raise barely covered the increase in gas spending just to get to work. . . On the good side I do like the folks I work with so I am in no rush, I have time to find something good, but I need to get started. Now if I could just get a few of the things around the house done on my to do list I would actually feel like I was making some progress. . . .

No comments: