Thursday, May 8, 2008

Criminal Minds – More Women and TV

OK, must be the week for weak women on TV and guys with no guts. I usually like Criminal Minds but last night just pissed me off. It was a stalker case, and the woman was living with her fiancée. I was OK for most of it but two things really pissed me off.

First was one of the cops tells her “you have done all you can” then goes on to say how they will catch this guy. Well she and the hubby to be had not. First of all they were not packing heat of any kind, gun or otherwise. You have a stalker and you don’t get a weapon of some kind to defend yourself????

Second is the fiancée also was not doing anything to protect this woman. Maybe I am just an old fashioned gun nut but if my wife was dealing with a stalker you would not catch her away from me and I would have a pistol on me outside of the house and a rifle within reach inside the house. How can you just sit there and be a target letting the cops keep you safe??? But that is what the show wants to you do – you are helpless with out the cops, typical Hollywood BS. OF course she gets kidnapped by the bad guy and save by the cops but the whole time she was captured all I could see were the numerous places where she could have fought back, either with a gun or bare hands if she only knew how to take care of herself.

This is a sickening lesson to try to teach our kids. It scares me to think how many people go along with this image that they are not responsible for their own safety, it is up to someone else (the government) to keep them safe. My how far we have fallen. . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

having a weapon you do not or are not committed to use is not wise.

JD said...

True, but I guess I see a bit of myself and how I was raised and can't picture not having one and taking care of the family. I also can't believe it was not even mentioned, even if to ask if he had one then push the liberal BS of don't use it you will just get hurt. . . .