Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Another Only in MASS Moment. . .

I swear I am not making this up – Folks are getting bent out of shape in Gloucester over this guy quitting his job. . . .

GLOUCESTER (AP) ― Two top officials at Gloucester High School's health center have resigned in a fight over contraceptives distribution.

Medical Director Dr. Brian Orr and chief nurse practitioner Kim Daly support confidentially giving contraceptives to students. They were outraged about resistance from Addison Gilbert Hospital and resigned Friday.

Can someone tell me who gives them the right to medicate a child without the OK of the parent? What is next, ADD meds for kids they feel are out of control? What would you say if I told you school policy in Gloucester says you have to get parental sign off to give meds to them or let them self medicate? They want to break their own rules. You should hear the audio of this guy – he is dumbfounded that folks won’t let him hand out birth control pills like Tic Tacs. . . . What a self righteous piece of *&^% he is.

This is where the liberals are going in this country. They think they know our kids better than we do and they should raise them not the parents. When will we wake up and push these nut cases back to the fringe where they belong and stop letting them set policy (or even try to set it)? All I can say is if I ever heard of them giving my kids meds without my OK the town better be ready to spend lots of $$ on the lawyers since that is what will hurt them. God I wish I could move out of the state. . . . .

No comments: