Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Good News from the hill

Just got an email on the latest batch of gun laws for MA. . . Senate 1354 and 1383 and House 2293, 2340, 2342, and 2343.

I had sent my comments against these bills to the members of the Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee. Rep. Brad Hill was kind enough to take the time to answer my letter and I must say it was good news for us I think :

Dear John,

Thank you for your very thoughtful e-mail regarding the committee hearing that took place last week regarding bills that would effect our current gun laws. I want you to know that there were many citizens like yourself that were against the proposal put forth. In fact, I would say that the testimony ran about 2/3 against the bills and 1/3 for. I have always been a firm believer that the laws we have on the books now are strict enough and that we do not need to take away anymore of a law abiding citizen's rights! You can be assured that I will not be supporting the initiatives that were forwarded to our committee last week and from what I heard from other members there is not an appetite to pass these bills to the full House of Representatives for a vote.

Sincerely,

Rep. Hill

I have to say a BIG thank you to Rep. Hill for taking the time to answer my email, and to the other members of the committee that have backed up the lawful gun owners in our state. I think the word is finally getting out. We need to keep writing our reps and make sure they know that the lawful gun owner and the average citizen are the same person. They are getting the message on Beacon Hill, so let them know your thoughts, and PLEASE don’t forget to thank them for backing us! We do have some good folks on the hill, I know I rant about a lot of what goes on in this state, but we need to let them know what we are thinking, and thank the ones that support us in our efforts to change this state for the better. Don’t let the few bad eggs up there stop us from fixing what needs fixing and doing what we need to so we can get this state going in the right direction again.

No comments: