Thursday, January 31, 2008

Fight Quest Update

OK, I have been watching this show for a few weeks now and I have to say it is not too bad. Human Weapon it is not, and I do wish that they had picked hosts that had a bit more experience in martial arts but overall it is interesting.

Although it lacks the explanation of technique that you get in Human Weapon it does go into the training the two hosts get rather well. I find that is the best part of the show to see how they get trained for the four days before the fight. I have to admit I enjoy watching the teachers beat on these two.

Jimmy has proven to still be a bit of a wise ass who I don’t see as having a true martial artists view of things. He likes to fight. . . he is a bit of a thug so it I admit I take a bit of shameful pleasure watching the teachers push him and him whining about it.

Doug is cool. He is ex-US Army I believe and he has a great attitude towards this. He still gets beat on by the teachers but he takes it well and seems to have a great martial artists outlook on it all. He has a lot of potential to be a great martial artist.

So, the show gets a thumbs up. . . it is good, though I have seen better. We will see where they go with it. It has the potential to get better but I don’t see it getting as good as Human Weapon. Unless it takes a turn for the worse, I will be watching it . . . . Just not saving the tapes like I do for HW. . . .

No comments: