Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Well I have to say it was a good Christmas. We had planned on getting a Wii for the kids and bought one months ago. . . . I then proceeded to win one at work just last week! YA HOO, that took care of a big chuck of Christmas. The kids loved it and spent most of the next few days playing it. Dad gets to play it after the kids go to bed (hey look, its bed time kids. . . BUT DAD, ITS STILL LIGHT OUT. . . ) We got them a Wii Fit too that has seen a bit of use. It is kinda fun but I need to play with it a bit more to see what it does.

The rest of the family did ok too. I got T a few cook books she wanted and she got me the Band of Brothers DVD set (which I spend all of Friday watching).

Jack got a toy bulldozer from his Grandmother that he just loved. It makes noise and lights up when you push different buttons. . . It also runs around when one button is pushed. He has been playing with that a bunch all weekend.

A got herself a game for the Wii this weekend that she has been playing and she got some closes she wanted from the family. C got a guitar from her Uncle and Cousin who promised to teach her to play. . . . She is all excited about that one.

Since this was our first Christmas without Papa Tony we had Grandma stay over Christmas eve so she could be there with the kids in the morning. That went very well and although we missed him this year we did OK I think. My mom was down for present opening too since she is living with us in her apartment now.

The four day weekend went by quick since T was working a lot of it at BJ’s. It is hard having her working but the way things are the extra cash helps out this time of year. We don’t know how things will work out on that since she is “seasonal” help and may not get picked up for part time work after January.

I hope you all had as good a Christmas as we did. I can’t believe it is almost 2009!

No comments: