Saturday, February 11, 2012

That Time Again

OK folks, wish me luck. . . .

It is that time again.  That time when those of us who live in MA and own guns have to go beg to be allowed to keep our 2ed Amendment rights.

I am one of the lucky ones.  My town has a great Police Chief who respects our rights and I fully expect my license to be renewed after they do the background check. . . others are not so lucky.

Those that say MA is the way to do things are fools.  They don't get it.  If I move towns or get a new Chief of Police they can pull my permit for no reason at all.  Yes, you read that correctly.  Your ability to OWN a gun, never mind carry one is totally dependent on the Chief of Police deciding that you are qualified.  He/She can refuse you for any reason including feeling that you are not a good candidate for a permit.  Even if you have a clean record and never had a run in with the law.

And what happens if you loose your permit?  you get to sell all your guns.  You can appeal it and may win, but you will have to pay for your guns to be stored while you appeal.

So today I go for my renewal.  After paying $100 to exercise my "right" I should get it, as I said we have a good Chief and Police force here in town.  They respect us and we respect them.  And in six years I get to do it all over again. . . .

This is why permits need to be shall issue.  It is not a right if someone can strip it from you based on a gut feeling folks.  Rights should only be stripped by a court of law.

Oh and by the way, Thanks Mitt for that nice $100 fee.  Use to only be $25 for my permit but instead of raising taxes Mitt Romney raised fees all over and that was one of them.  If he figured your interest group was small enough he added to your fees, since you couldn't do anything about it. . . .He also signed off on the Assault Weapons Ban we are still dealing with here in MA. . ..  He is no friend to our rights or our paychecks folks.  He may not raise taxes but expect fees for anything you do to go up big time if he wins. . . .

Someday I hope we can fix this state. . . . or that I can at least move to a free state. . . .

No comments: