Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Holster from Dragon Leatherworks

OK, I have the 1911 Government and now thanks to Dragon Leatherworks I have the holster for it.



I know JayG has done a review of the Fugly holster and I had the chance to meet Dragon at the last Blogger Shoot last summer.  When I sent out a bleg for info on holsters Dragon was one of the folks that sent me info and so I went with his Fugly holster, for IWB on the right side.

Let me start with the first impression I had when I opened the box. . .  WOW, nice holster!  It is a very nice leather holster with rivets to make sure it stays together.  Here is a good shot of the rivets holding this thing together:


And a nice view of the front of the holster:



Now I am use to the cheap collapsible nylon holsters.  They are great to start but not really good for long term.  They don't stay open so you can't put the gun back easily.  All that is over with this one.  Just to see how it would work out I put this on with my belt tight and the holster stayed open no problem.  Even with jeans that were a bit tight, no problem with draw or reholster. . .  It keeps it shape.

I wore it around the house as I worked for the better part of the day and it was great.  It takes a bit of getting use to the creak of the leather that I am not use to but it blends in good and did not print at all with my tee shirt on, though I would put more over it just to be safe going out in public.

Overall I am thrilled with it and plan on using this for my 1911 once I have a bit more practice with it and the comfort to use it as my carry gun.  Two thumbs up, go visit Dragon Leatherworks for a great holster at good holster prices!

1 comment:

SpeakerTweaker said...

I've tossed around the idea of getting one of those for my Px4. I think I'd like to try IWB, for those rare occasions I can't go OWB with my High Noon rig.

Nice holster!



tweaker