Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Road Less Traveled

My younger daughter has come out as trans, he wishes to be called by a new name and referred to as he.

Now as a parent I must admit I am scared to death about all of this. . . but he is 21, and has chosen this road.  Is it a phase?  Maybe, maybe not. . . only time will tell.  Was it something I did wrong?  Or would this have happened no matter what I did as a parent?  I will never know the answer to this, at least not while on this side of the vail. . and by the time I get that answer it won't matter any more will it?

But I will be sure to support him in everything he does as long as he harms none, and this is no different. 

I won't deal with negative vibes over this and if needed will cut people out of my life as needed.  So far it looks like I have picked good friends and have seen nothing but support for my son and me in this.  If you can't deal then just walk away.  It is not your path to walk and I don't need your reasons religious or otherwise for your opinion on my family.  This is the one thing I will delete any hateful comments on.  I am usually open to both sides of any debate, but not this time.  I have to pick a side and I will pick my family and friends every time.

Yes, I am insisting he works with a therapist on this so he knows all the pros and cons of this and makes the decision with all the facts.  I can do no less.

I do not understand how anyone can turn their back on their kids as they go through this.  All I can say is "What the FUCK is wrong with you as a parent?" if you can turn your back on your kid when they need you most.  You suck as a human and I have no use for you.  And I know they are out there.  One of his friends is also going through this and their folks won't even talk about it. . .. denial of reality is not a way to deal with life.

I never really cared what folks thought of my choices. . . I am Wiccan and open about it.  My son is very sensitive to it unfortunately and I hope he can grow a thicker skin as he walks this path.  I will do what I can for him, and that is that.

I will probably blog about it here not only to help myself work through this, but also to help others who may be going through this and show them that they are not alone. . . .

Wish me luck if you would I know I will need it.  Any prayers of aid to whomever you worship are also welcome.  It will not be an easy road, but walk it he will, and so will I.

No comments: