Friday, December 25, 2015

Rights for me and not for you

I have been poking the trolls on Facebook in regards to Kim Davis and them taking her name off the marriage licenses.

While I agree Kentucky did a good thing taking her name off the license but to listen to folks she was having her First Amendment rights trampled by being forced to do her job.

I am sorry but if you work for the Government then you are the one forcing your views on folks by denying a lawful license to marry because of YOUR religion.  If cannot do the job then you need to step down.

I am amazed at the number of folks that tell me I am a fool for this.  They see her as a hero for standing up against gay marriage and not issuing the licenses.  If she is using the power of her GOVERNMENT office to deny folks a marriage license isn't she the one denying folks their First Amendment rights by imposing her religion on them with the power of her office?  What am I missing???

I continue to be stunned at the number of folks who will scream every time Obama ignores our Constitution but are perfectly fine with it if someone "on their side"does it to impose something they agree with like banning gay marriage.

Folks the law is the law and it does not matter which side is shredding our Constitution it is BAD OK?  I don't care if you have an R or a D after your name if you violate our Constitution you suck and should be removed from office.

Someone please tell me how Davis is the injured party in all of this. . . . the people of Kentucky where she refused to do her job and fulfill her legal obligation seem to be the injured ones here.

No comments: