Monday, May 16, 2011

Dry Fire - is good. . .

Finally got down to the range for a bit of trigger time this weekend. 
 
Now I have been working on fixing my pistol skills. . .  I have a bad habit of shooting low and left with a pistol. . . .
 
How do you fix that?  Well for me it has been dry fire practice.  I have a laser bore site I put in the gun, then aim at a safe backstop and start my trigger practice.  At first it was very depressing as I could see the laser bounce all over as I fired.  But this is good, if you don't know what you are doing wrong, how do you fix it right??
 
So after a few weeks of dry fire practice when I could I finally got to the range yesterday before the rain.  Got a lot of 1911 practice, and some M&P and I have to say things looked better.  I still have a lot of work to do, but at lease things are moving in the right direction.  I also notice that I push the barrel down when I tried a few shots. . .  more to work on. . .
 
So, back to the dry fire practice until the next trip.  And the best part?  I can improve my skills without spending a dime on ammo or having to clean the guns again.  = )

No comments: