Tuesday, August 5, 2008

John Denver

I just got through watching a special on channel 2 on John Denver. It is amazing how he could tell a story with his songs, they were awesome to hear. I was lucky enough to see him in a small show the year before he was killed in the plane crash.

I was also lucky enough to have seen him once before. . . It was way back when I was a kid and they held concerts on Boston Common. It was a good size crowd and I can still see him up there singing away. I think what impressed me the most, and probably why it stuck in my head is that he was all on his own for the whole show. Yep, no band, no back up unless you count the half dozen guitars he had on stage and switched between while singing. That to me was one hell of a show, and guts to be up there on his own. I don't know many entertainers that would have the guts to do that - talk about putting it all out there, no one but you to blame or take credit when it is over. . . .

Guess I am going to have to burn those CDs to MP3s for the car now. . . .

No comments: